About this site
This site was created by staff at the Queensland University of Technology Library and eLearning Services as part of the University's Widening Participation strategy. This strategy is funded by the Federal Government Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program which aims to increase participation by people from low-income backgrounds into tertiary education.
However, this site is also for all aspiring or potential students seeking a realistic and engaging picture of how to prepare for and transition into tertiary study regardless of where and when they chose to study.
QUT has developed various generic information and sites aimed at promoting student success. These sites include Bridge to Study, Preparing for Uni, Studywell and Self help information for students, which are linked to pages of this site as appropriate. This site is in no way designed for the marketing of QUT programs, or the recruitment of students to QUT. Additional information, links and resources are provided to connect you to other educational providers and other authoritative sites.
The site incorporates an achievement which can be set as a classroom or homework activity. For more information, see Certificate.
I would like to thank the following groups and individuals for their help in this project.
I would like to thank the following key staff for their support, advice, expertise and flexibility across this project.
- Vicki McDonald & Judy Peacock (Project Sponsors)
- Carol Gauld (Library eServices Manager)
- Steven Kickbusch (Learning Designer)
- Liam Moushall (Graphic Designer)
- Matthew Kerwin & Craig O’Neil (Web development)
- Jimmy Ti & Tony Wang (iOS development)
Further I would like to thank to following individuals who provided crucial feedback, assistance and skills
- Gabrielle O’Brien & Kate Flynn (Equity Services)
- Karen Nelson & Jo Bennett (First Year Experience & Retention)
- Peter Gatbonton & Duyen Nguyen (Student Engagement)
- Julia Humphries (Counselling Services)
- Alan McAlpine (Careers)
- Tanya Harden & Karin Medew (Caboolture Library)
- Members of the Library’s Learning and Teaching Working Group
- Mark Gregson (Library eServices)
- Ella Chiu & Elleina Andrews (TILS Communication Team)
- Jadon Hawkins & Neil Gladwin (Web Services)
- Liz Greener and Cher Schodel (eLearning Services)
- Meredith Lane-Richardson (Cavendish Road State High School)
- Leon Frainey (photographer)
- Our Explore Uni student ambassador models
Project Manager, Widening Participation Learning Resources, 2012.